Can I file a donation made on the 31st on this years tax returns?

I already put in to make the car donation to purple heart and they're soonest available time to pick it up was on the 31st which either way I'm glad they're getting the car I wasnt using but I was wondering if I can still file that on this yrs tax return, it is still this year but I'm not sure if there is a cut off on donations I know its 100$ tav deductable


You can claim it this year. You'll need a form from them though, saying what they sell it for - that is the amount you can deduct, not "blue book". You only can deduct it if you itemize. Your tax savings is the deduction amount times your tax bracket %, so if they sell it for $2000 and you are in a 15% bracket, and you itemize, your tax savings is $300. If you don't itemize, there is no tax savings.

In short, anything you do on or before Dec 31st can be put on the current years taxes. Check the IRS website. There are certain deductions and credits you can claim on the current years tax but you can take care of it after Dec 31st.

Check out www.irs.gov website for more information.

You may claim the donation for this year.

Be sure you get a statement from the charity to substantiate the deduction.

Are you aware that you are only going to get like $500 for this tax donation? And then only helps your taxes if you already itemize?

Yes.

Even if you failed to claim it this year, you could claim it for 2009.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น