How can I get the most money for my old junky car?

I bought the car from a "dealer" for $750. He gave me a warranty. I probably should have used more discresion, but was desperate for wheels. Anyway, found out that the brakes are bad and getting worse everyday. There are also a few leaks. The guy won't communicate with me or help me at all. At first he said he would give me my money back, then said he didn't even have that much money to give me. Now when I call him he hangs up, if he answers the phone at all in the first place. It's a 91 Honda and probably would be fine for someone if the brakes and leaks were taken care of. I just can't afford to do it. How can I get the most money for it? I realize that I won't make it all back, but are there any other options besides craigslist and donations?

Thanks!


Put it in the paper for 750 or best offer, its worth that with bad brakes. State in the add it needs new front pads and brake lines. Let it go for $650 or so. You should get calls on the add. I used to buy and sell junky cars that way.

the best way to get the most money is to part it out you could get double what you paid for it. you could get between $200 and $400 for the transmission if its good then another 3 for the motor then sell little things like the seats and windows and doors depending on the condition of the body

I would also find out about the "lemon laws" in your area to get back to the dealer.

there is always somebody out there that wants a fixer upper or a car just to drive till it dies. Post it in the paper or radio, be honest with the things that your know are wrong with it. You may not make all your money back on it but at least it is out of your hands. You should'nt feel bad if you sell to somebody if you told them the things you knew were wrong with it.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น