Raffle a car In Pennsylvania?

I have a collector car for sale since 11/11/07. I am looking into raffling it at $10.00 per ticket and printing 2000 tickets. I would donate 25% of the proceeds to "Dream Come True" given all 2000 tickets were sold. I've been thinking of asking my local car club to do this and the donation would be made in their name. Over the past 8 years they have raised over $8,000.00 for this organization. Pennsylvania has tough regs on this,but given that the car club could buy a special license to do this,I believe it could work. Needless to say,I would have a reserve on the car and the raffle would serve 2 purposes. Is it ethical?


There was a person who did this on eBay and they were fine. Seeing is it was just like selling the item but only they sold raffles at $50.00 a pop and it was a house.

Additional details:

As for the raffling of your vehicle and donating a portion to charity this would be fine but you must make sure that the money goes to the charity or you will have to pay out of your own pocket if the charity doesn't receive such money as what was promised on the raffle ticket

You are getting into a tax problem. Since you would be making money from the proceeds of the raffle, I think you are going to have legal problems.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น