What should I do? The Salvation Army will not take my car for donation.?

I have an old Taurus station wagon. I decided to donate it because it is really old now, and it's leaking transmission oil. My mechanic had offered to sell it for me for around $1,000, so I topped off the transmission oil and drove it to his garage.

Now he says he thinks there is something wrong with the transmission, but it would not be worth it to fix it since he would have to take it apart just to figure out what is wrong. So he suggested that I try to donate it so I can at least get a tax deduction.

The problem is that I called the Salvation army. They said they've had a lot of problems selling Taurus cars with questionable transmissions, so they won't take it unless the transmission is ok.

I'd hate to take it to the junk yard because they don't pay much. The body of the car is in great shape. If I could donate it to charity I might be able to deduct $200 from my taxes.

Should I try another charity? Or should I just declare defeat and junk it?


I know what they mean about having trouble selling Taurus cars with questionable transmissions. Its a lemon with transmissions. My mom had a 1989 Ford Taurus that blew a transmission before 60,000 miles in 1994. My brother got the car in 2002 with 102,000 miles, and the transmission that was put in the car in 1994 was failing. He then donated the car to a charity. Everyone i know that had a Ford Taurus had their transmissions replaced. The transmissions were so bad that i seen ads from rebuild shops that had special on Taurus, and Sable vehicles. I would try a different charity. If the car runs and drives, i dont see a problem with another charity taking it. You can also sell the car to a small corner car lot, or place an ad in the newspaper for auto parts. I think the newspaper is the best way to rid you of something fast. I see plenty of people that put their cars for sale on the street , but they dont sell. They should just place an ad in the newspaper, and up the price of
the car to makeup the cost of placing an ad to get rid of it. I know what you mean about not wanting to junk the car because you feel its worth more than junk price. Ive been in your situation before. Good Luck!

Why would you want to dump that on a charity? They need good, clean usable products, not something they have to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on towing, repairing, cleaning, then licensing, insuring and titling a piece of junk. You get a tax benefit, they get the bill. Hmmm.

Fix the car and let the mechanic sell it for you.

I would probably look to see if there are any other charities that would be willing to take your Taurus. There has to be one out there. You could try Goodwill, NPR, etc.

Try a diferent Charity. I had a Sable sister car of the Taurus and the lung assocation took it.

just give it to the junk yard, and stop trying to make money off of that piece of metal junk.

If you have any local technical schools for high school or adults in mechanics, they may be happy to take it. I am sure they could benefit greatly.

take it to the junk yard and get 100.oo for it.

SELL IT FOR $9,500 TO AN ILLEGAL ALIEN!

HEY! LOOK IT'S MY TWIN BROTHERR ABOVE!

wtf, push it off a cliff !

i can't understand why they never took it.

any way yeah try another charity.

Car donation charities are a scam. They advertise any car in any condition, and they are supposed to give you a receipt for tax deduction for charity.

The truth is they only want cars in running condition that is less than four years old.

I found this out because I tried to donate a car once and not a single place would call me back and this is what I found out.

go to Craigslist.com. and list it FREE, someone maybe, could use the parts off of it..

Good luck and God Bless, {:-)

LMFAO! that kinda sucks huh?

find a high school or vocational and donate to the auto shop or buy the parts and have them fix it and then you can keep it good gas milage is a powerfully good thing.

A lot of junk yards will buy your old car for $100.00 or so .I suggest you stop telling people about the transmission if you want to get rid of it.

Sell it to pick and pull for $50 dollars or find a needy person on the street to give it to.

try another charity, or you can sell it than give the money away to whoever charity

give it to the Cancer Association or the Kiddney Association

give it the quick fix and sell it to a sucker


================================================================
Special offer: Free Domain & cPanel Hosting for only $2.99 at https://SecureSignup.net !
================================================================

Spam Filtered (ID:3479463)

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น