Car donations?

I want to donate my car but I hear of offers that some charities will give money as well as give me full blue book value of the car. What I mean by money is that some charities will give up to a 1000 dollars to spen on the internet or up to a 1000 for food shopping. Some other companies offer vacations.

My problem is that I don't really trust these companies and I am afraid I will have to pay tax on these gifts. Should I be concerned? Is there a good charity that I can donate my car and get full blue book value for my car?


That doesn't sound right at all. If you donate a car that is worth more than $500, you can only write off the $ amount that is raised from its sale/auction, which is usually much lower than blue book. This is an IRS rule and has nothing to do with the charity. Also, the $1000 spending money seems really fishy. I've never heard of that, but have to suspect it is somehow a scam.

update: Found a similar question on Y!A where they say the $1,000 certificate can only be used for buying from a specific website that inflates shipping charges. 2nd link below.

if they give you money back ITS NOT A CHARITY!! how is that giving to the poor if they pay u? charity is about giving not recieving. if its a real charity then you just donate. they dont give you the blue book value, that a sale then. what kind of charity had loads of $$$ to giveto people in return for old cars?? just give it to a real charity and dont expect to get anything back. be generous and feel good about it. or just sell it. gl!

Donate to a children charity or a well known charity to cure a disease... if you still don't trust them ... check them out with the Better Business Bureau to ensure reliability

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น